Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Life Verse

I never had a life verse before. I understand that certain Scriptures just really apply to believers at certain times, maybe the point of their salvation or a hardship in their life, and they adopt that as their "life verse." Well, I love all of God's Word! I needed a life journal not a life verse because I simply could not chose just one. However, this past Sunday as Keith and I sat in worship in a new (to us) community of believers that we were going to be making our home, the Pastor read Philippians 3:13, "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead." Verse 14 goes on to say "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Tears began flowing down my face as I had the final affirmation from God that we were in His place doing His will. So many times in my life I have been guilty of living in the past or not overcoming completely that which is behind me, but as those tears streamed down the shackles fell off and I am free! Not only do I have a life verse now, but I have the assurance from God that we are to strain forward towards what is ahead without looking back. God is good, all praise and glory to Him on His throne.